There is a big misconception that just because eggs and dairy milk are left out from a pancake recipe, the final result will turn into a disaster.
I have to be honest; at first, I thought that too. I couldn’t have been more wrong.
Vegan pancakes are just as delicious. In fact, by removing the eggs and swapping cow’s milk with dairy-free milk, I personally find them to be much easier to digest.
Furthermore, when you add just a teaspoon of baobab powder in the mix, you turn it into a super nutritious meal for the whole family.
You can enjoy them as a vegan breakfast at any time of the year or as a carb-loading meal if you are training for a marathon for example.
Most importantly, you will finally be able to celebrate Shrove Tuesday while putting a smile on your vegan loved ones’ faces.
Here is the recipe:
· 1 tsp SACO baobab powder
· 125g flour
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 1 tsp vanilla
· 2 tbs sugar
· 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
· 1 pinch of salt
· 250ml plant-based milk
· To serve: maple syrup, jam, vegan chocolate spread, sugar and lemon
1. Add all the ingredients into a bowl and just 50ml of the plant-based milk of your choice
2. Whisk until you have a smooth thick paste
3. Add the remaining milk while whisking to loosen the batter
4. Wipe the pan with oil and heat it to medium heat
5. Ladle some batter in the pan and spread the mixture in a circle
6. Let cook for about 30 seconds and flip on other side
7. Serve with your favourite toppings
8. Happy Pancake Day!