Updated: Aug 31, 2022
With this recipe, my good friend Zarina from @zarskitchen reminded me that hibiscus flower is not only a good addition to your diet because of its amazing properties; it can also be the perfect ingredient for finger-likin desserts.
Zarina created these little bites of heaven, creamy on the inside with a tart, cranberry-like flavour of the SACO hibiscus flower, and a gorgeous coconut coating on the outside.
The combination is just superb.
She is a mom of 3 and an excellent cook based between London and Hong Kong.
She showcases all her beautiful creations on her Instagram page @zarkitchen.
Just recently, she launched the website Cookly Bookly, a culinary platform for professional and amateur cooks to find and publish whatever culinary content they want.
Her recipes are mouth-watering and she has such a lovely personality, so when she offered to do a collaboration with us, I just couldn’t resist saying yes!
If you want to impress your family with a delicious and great-looking recipe, follow the instruction below.
• 200g White chocolate coarsely chopped
• 60ml Double cream
• 2 tbsp Butter
• 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
• 60g Shredded coconut unsweetened
• 4 tbsp Hibiscus flower dried - chopped really fine
1. Melt chocolate, cream, and butter in a bowl in the microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring between each interval until melted
2. Stir in 25g of the shredded coconut and vanilla extract
3. Set aside and wait a few minutes until the mixture cools slightly so when you add hibiscus flowers the white chocolate does not turn pink, mix until incorporated
4. Refrigerate for 4 hours until mixture is firm
5. Place remaining shredded coconut in a bowl
6. Take the chocolate mixture out of the fridge and form tiny balls with your hands
7. Roll each ball in coconut and place on a tray in the fridge until firm
8. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week
Have you made something delicious with SACO Hibiscus Flower?
Share your creation with us on Instagram and tag @sacosuperfoods